Skip to main content

Products I’m loving

Heya all,

Went and passed my driving test didn’t I! After months of worrying for the day to come, it came and it went well. No more driving lessons for me!

After that relief ive spent the rest of the week slowly slogging through work and also slowly getting sick. Just in time for a presentation tomorrow…. Gooooood!

Mid-week this last week I decided to give myself a pamper evening and I thought I would share with you the things that I have been loving for the last few months.

Face:

I have been looking to find a skin routine as exams are coming and deadlines close in my skin enjoys more breakouts and general dullness. I find that using this cleansing water (Garnier Micellar water) gets all the muck off my face. Even on a non-makeup day its surprising how much dirt ends up on your face. I have also starting to think more about treating my skin and have found that using this simple toner has made such a difference to my complexion without drying out my skin. This is quite a new addition to my skincare routine so I will update this on how it goes over the next few months!
Adding moisture to my face is so important as I have quite dry skin. This moisturiser (No7 Essential Moisture day cream) is great for getting that moisture into my face without the shine and ‘wetness’ I have felt with moisturisers of a similar consistency. Really like how my skin still feels clean after applying and of course how it hydrates my skin. This lip balm also pops the hydration back in my pout (Burts Bees).
This face mask in another new addition (White Clay and Eucalyptus). I just enjoy having a bath every now and again and having a face mask makes it feel more special. As my skin tone is quite varied I have found that this face mask has started to blur some of the light imperfections so I’m interested to see how it works over a few months.

Hair:

My hair has always been a wild animal refusing to be tamed. I go from growing it long in the hope of weighing it down to cutting it short in order to decrease the frizz. Instead of cutting it short again I thought I would try a few new products and see how my frizzy hair would respond. This conditioner (Quenching curls) is –THE- best conditioner I have found for my hair. Its much lighter than ones I have used before but I definitely notice a decrease in frizz and such softness after using it. My hair more easily forms curls instead of the bush vibe it seems to enjoy most days. Big thumbs up from me!
After my hair has dried I enjoy using this hair oil (kukui oil) to smooth out the ends of my hair and to make it glossy and disguise drying ends. Also it smells delicious as does this dry shampoo (Batiste – tropical). It does the job without adding tooooo much volume (which I appreciate with my mane).
 

Bath and Body:

THIS BODY WASH (Radox). What can I say. I usually am one to reach for very sweet scents but this grapefruit scent ss the perfect mix of sweet and ZING for the mornings. This body butter (Almond and honey body butter – the body shop) is very nourishing and I usually only use it once a week to pep my skin back into action before the start of another week. This zoella body cream is lovely in between times with a light texture and sweet scent. This pear scented deodorant does the job and smells divine (Dove). Double check!

Hope you all have a great week. Do any of you have any products you have been loving? Id love to hear.
I went for a walk in the woods today and took some pics that I’ll put up next week with (hopefully) a poem to match.

Thanks for reading,

Lozzy x

Comments

  1. Love it, I will send u the link to my website/blog domain

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Autumn reflection

Happy Monday folks! Where has this last week gone? In fact, how has autumn nearly come and gone! Scarfs, candles, pumpkins, warm drinks and leaves, this time of year is so lovely. This season is always one for getting back into the swings of uni/school work and coming to terms with the fact that summer is now a distant memory, the nights draw closer and the weather gets more and more dreary with each coming day…. Yay? But after a few years of study, I feel like I have got into the balance of life/work but every year September brings around the challenge all over again. With what feels like mountains to do, sometimes the things I enjoy seem to slip. So, having just been set 5 projects all due by December, I thought now would be a good time to outline what I find are the best ways to manage those stressy times but still get what needs to be done… well… done! 1)       Lists – an old but true suggestion. Write everything down. The stress of forgetting something is gone and u

Finding the light within the storm

January was a month of lockdown, isolation and teaching from home. A month of sunrises, walks and reading. Dancing, painting, snow falls and quiet. There was beauty where you looked for it. Moments of calm amongst this storm. The snow bought a welcome relief. Some variety to living so cooped up. It felt lovely to feel such coolness in the air and to see the world looking so bright. I built a snowman and felt my worries slipping away. I enjoyed hot chocolates and cosy blankets. February started off much like January but harder. Days working from home felt filled with stress and worry. Long days slumped over a laptop, grinding teeth and headaches, deadlines and lesson plans. However, it has also been filled with love. Valentines day, walks, yummy food and still more memories from this month to make. I wanted to share a few things that are lighting up my life so far in 2021. We all need to find the light in the storm. I downloaded an app called one second everyday and I really recommend y

Meditations and Mantras

Meditation is a practise that is growing in popularity. It looks to increase calmness and enhance overall health and well-being.  Meditation focuses on the positive connection between the mind and body. It does not look to change you into a different person. It looks to help you to explore yourself more deeply. There are many different types and reasons that people practise meditation but they all have 4 aspects in common; They usually take place in a quiet space. They use a posture that keeps the spine straight whether that be sitting, standing or laying down. They use focus on a mantra, object or the feeling of your breath. They focus on a sense of self compassion when watching thoughts come and go. Meditation has been found to have a positive impact on health from health conditions such as IBS and high blood pressure to mental health conditions. 5 reasons to meditate : "1: Understand your pain 2: Lower your stress 3: Connect better 4: Improve focus 5: Reduce brain chatter"