Skip to main content

Just keep swimming


Hello hello,

Heres my first blog post. Seemed fitting to start something new on the 9th of October…. Anyone? Well I’ve been having the burning desire to chit chat and document my thoughts, ideas, mishaps, adventures and maybe even a sprinkling of advice for good measure. So here we go. Strap in folks. This is definitely going to be a bumpy ride so bear with me….

Well happy Monday. Today consisted of my theory driving test which phew I passed! Whoop whoop for me. But as anyone who knows me knows all too well, my stress levels are something that without… well…. I wouldn’t be me. So with stress levels still high but with a sense of success seeping in, I plodded through the ever coldening (not a word but should be) English weather to catch my train. Always busy. Like its midday on a Monday. What are you all doing.

Anyway as I slumped into a chewing gum covered seat I rested my arm on the arm rest. But it wasn’t an arm rest. It was a poor unsuspecting middle aged mans knee who was sat behind me. With this, he mouse squeaked a shocked ‘sorry’ my way. My body had accidentally invaded someone’s space and in turn my own.  I spent the rest of the journey sinking lower and lower into my grim seat and wondering how I do this to myself all too often. So this felt like the perfect time to say welcome to me, hope you enjoy!!!

Anyway now with the theme of trying to keep pushing on through or as dory would say “just keep swimming” here I be at an aquarium… smooth transition *please hold applause till the end*.

Me and my boyfriend went for a trip into London a little while back. We don’t travel into London at all really so we thought it would be a nice ride on the train and a cute date idea. Spent 20 mins at a tube stop trying to work out what way we were supposed to be going… yes we are those people. But with success putting a pep in our step we did the whole posing outside big ben thing and walked across to the sea life centre with dreams of colourful fishies galore for our eye balls. Turned out it was shut… due to flooding. Ik the SEA life centre was shut due to FLOODING. Ironic ik…

And do you know what's even MORE ironic. We returned later and were evacuated due to a fire alarm. A FIRE alarm for the SEA life centre…. Enough said.



Later that day we got to look at all the fish the sea life had to offer. One note to make clear… sharks do not have visible bits if you know what I mean. However confused you may seem.. they don’t apparently…
Anywayyyyyy

Took my snazzy camera and spent most of my time taking snazzy pics being a snazzy photographer I like to believe that I am. Spent an uncanny amount of time looking at jelly fish, rays and sea anenomies (jealous of that dip dye style though ---->).  
It was a really lovely visit and was lovely and peaceful to sit by huge tanks and watch fish float, sharks scurry, weed wave and turtles …. T,t,t,… talk?
Disclaimer – turtles didn’t talk





It was a really lovely day out and I managed to leave with way too many photos of fish and a large desire to own a fish tank wall in a future house maybe?

So for anyone with high stress levels here's the moto to this post.

1)      Go to an aquarium and stare at fish for an instant relax

2)      Or “just keep swimming” metaphorically or literally

3)      Or cry a tank worth of tears

Either way thanks for reading!

Lozzy J

Comments

  1. Great first post! Definitely put a grin on my face. Also couldn't go to SEA LIFE in Sydney due to flooding, who would have thought ae!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for reading! And ikr hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey I found you though Louise's blog! I love this post your sealife photos are so cute ��

    JustTheBeginning-x.com
    Latest blog post : Decorating our flat for Halloween ��

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heya. Thanks for reading my post. I'll defs check out your newest post. I am planning on moving in with my boyfriend next year so any decoration ideas get me really excited ��

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Autumn reflection

Happy Monday folks! Where has this last week gone? In fact, how has autumn nearly come and gone! Scarfs, candles, pumpkins, warm drinks and leaves, this time of year is so lovely. This season is always one for getting back into the swings of uni/school work and coming to terms with the fact that summer is now a distant memory, the nights draw closer and the weather gets more and more dreary with each coming day…. Yay? But after a few years of study, I feel like I have got into the balance of life/work but every year September brings around the challenge all over again. With what feels like mountains to do, sometimes the things I enjoy seem to slip. So, having just been set 5 projects all due by December, I thought now would be a good time to outline what I find are the best ways to manage those stressy times but still get what needs to be done… well… done! 1)       Lists – an old but true suggestion. Write everything down. The stress of forgetting something is gone and u

Finding the light within the storm

January was a month of lockdown, isolation and teaching from home. A month of sunrises, walks and reading. Dancing, painting, snow falls and quiet. There was beauty where you looked for it. Moments of calm amongst this storm. The snow bought a welcome relief. Some variety to living so cooped up. It felt lovely to feel such coolness in the air and to see the world looking so bright. I built a snowman and felt my worries slipping away. I enjoyed hot chocolates and cosy blankets. February started off much like January but harder. Days working from home felt filled with stress and worry. Long days slumped over a laptop, grinding teeth and headaches, deadlines and lesson plans. However, it has also been filled with love. Valentines day, walks, yummy food and still more memories from this month to make. I wanted to share a few things that are lighting up my life so far in 2021. We all need to find the light in the storm. I downloaded an app called one second everyday and I really recommend y

Meditations and Mantras

Meditation is a practise that is growing in popularity. It looks to increase calmness and enhance overall health and well-being.  Meditation focuses on the positive connection between the mind and body. It does not look to change you into a different person. It looks to help you to explore yourself more deeply. There are many different types and reasons that people practise meditation but they all have 4 aspects in common; They usually take place in a quiet space. They use a posture that keeps the spine straight whether that be sitting, standing or laying down. They use focus on a mantra, object or the feeling of your breath. They focus on a sense of self compassion when watching thoughts come and go. Meditation has been found to have a positive impact on health from health conditions such as IBS and high blood pressure to mental health conditions. 5 reasons to meditate : "1: Understand your pain 2: Lower your stress 3: Connect better 4: Improve focus 5: Reduce brain chatter"