Skip to main content

Youtube, meditating, cleaning and painting - The update


Happy Easter all. I’m currently eating waaay too much chocolate and drinking a glass of wine. Like you do. I haven’t done a chatty catch up style blog post in quite a while now so I thought I would sit down and reflect on what I’ve done, how I feel and what I’m loving.

I spent yesterday at Queen Elizabeth Country Park and it was GLORIOUS. The sun was out and it was lovely to have a picnic with family and really reflect on what matters. Sometimes life feels like it gets too much and sometimes you just need a packet of crisps, some greenery and a bit of good ol’ sunshine to get things back into perspective.

The last few weeks have been very unsettling. The boring adult things really like bills, rent and jobs etc mixed in with an injury to top it all off. I’ve had to be off work and been stuck at home for far too long and have had way too much time to think. Anyone else get that way? Can’t wait to get back to a bit of normality.

It’s getting closer to a year since I graduated and I’m still not in a job related to my degree, I don’t know where to go next or what to do. I’m considering doing more training from September but that’s also a daunting thought too. Why is being an adult so hard! I think I need a holiday to Spain featuring beaches, pools and cocktails!

I keep doing things that I know help such as reading and going for walks and meditating (the Headspace app is really good for anyone looking at getting into meditation) but getting motivation to even do those things is getting harder. Any advice would be very much appreciated!

ANYWAY enough of the whinging. I’ve found the glory of cleaning through watching Mrs Hinchs’ Instagram stories and my god. I never knew how satisfying watching cleaning videos could be. It nourishes my soul. I even went to home bargains to top up on cleaning supplies and found that exciting… I know. Thinking I’m older than my years to be honest. This has led to me deep cleaning my house. Io be fair it has been lovely to be able to open the windows and let in the spring breeze in now the weathers been nicer.

I’ve also been finding Louise Pentlands' weeklies to be a joy to watch. I’ve been watching her videos since I was about 14 (7 YEARS WHAT!) but recently they have been a god send. She is so down to earth and I find her videos such a nice ‘check in’ at the end of the week. Her can do attitude and kind nature is refreshing and I really recommend you check her out. Ive also been loving watching LadBaby. I've gone back and watched every video and every single one makes me laugh. They are family goals honestly.

I also love watching Shane Dawson and friends vlogs and recently saw his fiancé Ryland, his sister Morgan and friend Garrett do a Painting tutorial following Bob Ross (what an icon) and it was hilarious. I decided to do my own with my boyfriend and I highly recommend it. It was fun to just play with paints and not really care about how it came out… ‘abstract’ I like to say. Back to Shane. I've really been enjoying his documentaries. I feel like he's really doing what he loves and it shows in the high quality of his videos. I really recommend that you watch them.

I've been using pampering sessions as a form of relaxation and self-care recently. I whack on a face mask get a hot drink and spend a few minutes doing what I like (mostly watching the youtubers above tehe). I also got myself a crochet your own elephant kit (not realising how hard crochet is) and so a ball of grey wool is still sat on my living room floor… good.

Right, time for a game of Star Wars Battlefront 2 (Anyone who plays, I’m one of those people at the bottom of the scoreboard that look like they just loaded into the game but didn’t) maybe a walk to the beach and a hot cross bun. Hope you all had a lovely Easter weekend.

Lozzy x


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Autumn reflection

Happy Monday folks! Where has this last week gone? In fact, how has autumn nearly come and gone! Scarfs, candles, pumpkins, warm drinks and leaves, this time of year is so lovely. This season is always one for getting back into the swings of uni/school work and coming to terms with the fact that summer is now a distant memory, the nights draw closer and the weather gets more and more dreary with each coming day…. Yay? But after a few years of study, I feel like I have got into the balance of life/work but every year September brings around the challenge all over again. With what feels like mountains to do, sometimes the things I enjoy seem to slip. So, having just been set 5 projects all due by December, I thought now would be a good time to outline what I find are the best ways to manage those stressy times but still get what needs to be done… well… done! 1)       Lists – an old but true suggestion. Write everything down. The stress of forgetting something is gone and u

Finding the light within the storm

January was a month of lockdown, isolation and teaching from home. A month of sunrises, walks and reading. Dancing, painting, snow falls and quiet. There was beauty where you looked for it. Moments of calm amongst this storm. The snow bought a welcome relief. Some variety to living so cooped up. It felt lovely to feel such coolness in the air and to see the world looking so bright. I built a snowman and felt my worries slipping away. I enjoyed hot chocolates and cosy blankets. February started off much like January but harder. Days working from home felt filled with stress and worry. Long days slumped over a laptop, grinding teeth and headaches, deadlines and lesson plans. However, it has also been filled with love. Valentines day, walks, yummy food and still more memories from this month to make. I wanted to share a few things that are lighting up my life so far in 2021. We all need to find the light in the storm. I downloaded an app called one second everyday and I really recommend y

Meditations and Mantras

Meditation is a practise that is growing in popularity. It looks to increase calmness and enhance overall health and well-being.  Meditation focuses on the positive connection between the mind and body. It does not look to change you into a different person. It looks to help you to explore yourself more deeply. There are many different types and reasons that people practise meditation but they all have 4 aspects in common; They usually take place in a quiet space. They use a posture that keeps the spine straight whether that be sitting, standing or laying down. They use focus on a mantra, object or the feeling of your breath. They focus on a sense of self compassion when watching thoughts come and go. Meditation has been found to have a positive impact on health from health conditions such as IBS and high blood pressure to mental health conditions. 5 reasons to meditate : "1: Understand your pain 2: Lower your stress 3: Connect better 4: Improve focus 5: Reduce brain chatter"