Skip to main content

What a week....


Hello again everyone!
How have all of your weeks gone?

Mines been absolutely, unbelievably shocking… Its been one of those weeks where you wonder if the world is trying to spite you. 12 hours of typing up data was enough to start off my week in a bit of a huff, followed by a cancelled lecture… I was not a happy bunny. After a not so great presentation, a stressful driving lesson, software not working and probably another 15 things iv tried to forget, I am back here again a week later. Everything has been more difficult than it should have been and its left me feeling all together quite annoyed. So sitting down to write this is making me feel a little better… even though the clocks have changed and its now dark at 5…..why.

Enough of that rant. Good things have happened!
I went out on Friday night with my friends and stayed over the night. It was really good to let my hair down and relax for a day after such a hard week.
Also I carved this loooovely pumpkin. Look how cute it is :D I toasted all of the seeds in the oven. Delicious.

 

 
 
 
 
(150 degrees for 10-12 minutes with a dash of oil and scattered with salt).
 
But moving from all the fun that’s been my last week lets discuss a day that promised such fun…. The fair.

Lets rewind back to myself at 9am that morning. Head pounding and uneasiness in my stomach. That all too well known feeling of alcohol rotting your insides. Well yes that was me. But still in my haze I decided that the fun fair would be well… fun.

It started off very well! I enjoyed losing money on the machines (idk whether that’s sarcastic or not...) and having chips by the sea side. All was going swimmingly. Watching sea gulls the size of dogs parade the paths and repetitive dings of the arcade machines. Then I had a very very bad idea. The kind of idea that makes no sense. The one you look back at yourself and wonder what on earth you were thinking…. The waltzer.

Now every other time I have been on the waltzer ride its been great. Not today. Oh no it wasn’t. Started all very well. Oh so much fun I was having. And then I wasn’t, very quickly I wasn’t. I swear this waltzer was on turbo. I was lifting very slightly off the seat and staring blankly in front. Face going pale and stomach churning I decided this wasn't my best idea. Between shouts of ‘weeeee’ and ‘MAKE IT STOP’ followed by whimpers and side ways glances at my boyfriend I staggered off the ride after the ride operator asking if I was okay. Definitely was not okay.

Followed this by doughnuts
Not a good idea again
But doughnuts tasted SO good.


So here we are at the end of another tragic story and an equally tragic feeling week. What's the lesson learnt I hear you cry? Dizzy and hung over is NOT a good combination and sometimes fun just isn’t meant to be. But it will be again! Promise :D
Sat in my pjs about to drink a big mug of tea and a biscuit to reflect on the week and (hopefully) better tackle the next!


Happy Halloween!

Lozzy J

Comments

  1. Your pumpkin is so cute! And those donuts look so amazing, I definitely need to treat myself to proper seaside donuts soon!

    JustTheBeginning-x.com | Latest blog: Pumpkins, costumes and all things spooky! ��

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Autumn reflection

Happy Monday folks! Where has this last week gone? In fact, how has autumn nearly come and gone! Scarfs, candles, pumpkins, warm drinks and leaves, this time of year is so lovely. This season is always one for getting back into the swings of uni/school work and coming to terms with the fact that summer is now a distant memory, the nights draw closer and the weather gets more and more dreary with each coming day…. Yay? But after a few years of study, I feel like I have got into the balance of life/work but every year September brings around the challenge all over again. With what feels like mountains to do, sometimes the things I enjoy seem to slip. So, having just been set 5 projects all due by December, I thought now would be a good time to outline what I find are the best ways to manage those stressy times but still get what needs to be done… well… done! 1)       Lists – an old but true suggestion. Write everything down. The stress of forgetting something is gone and u

Finding the light within the storm

January was a month of lockdown, isolation and teaching from home. A month of sunrises, walks and reading. Dancing, painting, snow falls and quiet. There was beauty where you looked for it. Moments of calm amongst this storm. The snow bought a welcome relief. Some variety to living so cooped up. It felt lovely to feel such coolness in the air and to see the world looking so bright. I built a snowman and felt my worries slipping away. I enjoyed hot chocolates and cosy blankets. February started off much like January but harder. Days working from home felt filled with stress and worry. Long days slumped over a laptop, grinding teeth and headaches, deadlines and lesson plans. However, it has also been filled with love. Valentines day, walks, yummy food and still more memories from this month to make. I wanted to share a few things that are lighting up my life so far in 2021. We all need to find the light in the storm. I downloaded an app called one second everyday and I really recommend y

Meditations and Mantras

Meditation is a practise that is growing in popularity. It looks to increase calmness and enhance overall health and well-being.  Meditation focuses on the positive connection between the mind and body. It does not look to change you into a different person. It looks to help you to explore yourself more deeply. There are many different types and reasons that people practise meditation but they all have 4 aspects in common; They usually take place in a quiet space. They use a posture that keeps the spine straight whether that be sitting, standing or laying down. They use focus on a mantra, object or the feeling of your breath. They focus on a sense of self compassion when watching thoughts come and go. Meditation has been found to have a positive impact on health from health conditions such as IBS and high blood pressure to mental health conditions. 5 reasons to meditate : "1: Understand your pain 2: Lower your stress 3: Connect better 4: Improve focus 5: Reduce brain chatter"