Skip to main content

Week in Review - what a weeks its been...

Hello again everyone,

How life is speeding me by I can barely stop to see it happen!  My dad bought me flowers and I think it’s the cutest thing in the world so thought I would document it on here to stop me forgetting. Buy people flowers everyone.

Monday – Started the day with a work out which I am finding really does help to get me ready for the day by both relaxing me but also by helping me to concentrate. Spent the rest of the day sat at my laptop plugging away at stats and not really knowing what I was doing and whether the seemingly never ending numbers would… well… end. I have been finding it really difficult to hit the deadlines and find the motivation to keep going with such a big project. Have any of you got tips of how to find motivation?

Tuesday – Did another work out today. I know I’m practically an Olympian. My body really didn’t like the close succession of work outs but I knew I wouldn’t get them done towards the latter half of the week. Went to uni and had a meeting on those stats which turned out to all be wrong…. I cannot even explaaaaain. The frustration having spent the whole weekend on them and Monday really started to stress me out. Had lunch with my friends which was really lovely as I don’t see them all as often anymore and they helped to calm some of my nerves. Found myself stuck with my incorrect stats and now even closer deadline hanging over me though…

Wednesday – had a driving lesson which was a success. Really feel like im starting to get there! My test is coming up quite fast now and im excited to just get it out of the way. Travelled to see my boyfriend and spent the afternoon just catching up and its always so lovely to reconnect. Distance is hard.

Thursday – Stats, asda, stats….. WOHOOOOOO…

Friday – FINISHED THE STATS. I am oh so pleased. The relief is immense. I’ve got to make a poster for an assessment on it for a weeks’ time so I’m hoping I can get that going this week! Pretty graphs people pretty graphs! Also went out clubbing and it was lovely to just drink and dance and let all the worries fade away.

Saturday and Sunday was spent walking around shops, having a takeaway, watching movies and drinking coffee… cannot complain. Happy chappy. Also also also Holland and Barrett flapjacks… that’s all I need to say. Yummmmmmmmm.

Monday – and here we are back at Monday. Travelled back home today and I find that when I leave it’s like coming back to reality and the mountains of work that’s piling up around me. Send help!! Anyone else feeling like as soon as one things done another is in waiting. Had a nice time meeting my mum at the shops and practiced driving back home again.

Im sat here reflecting my week and realising how challenging it’s been.  As you can see its been quite a rollercoaster of a week that seemed to throw all things at me. So glad to be starting this week knowing I can move forward with my work now. All up from here! This week I will finish my poster and abstract, have a driving lesson, a three hour lecture (whyyy) do two workouts, read my book and breathe. I must admit I missed my yoga this last week, ate many more treats and the motivation of my new years resolutions have started to slow…. Must keep going! We can do this people.

Have been struggling to keep going with this blog as the stresses of exams and work start to set in and my creativity starts to drop. I find that during these moments the important resolutions of mindfulness, reading, me time and exercise are the most important but are most neglected. Going to really make the effort this week to get back on top of things. I think that means a yoga video, a meditation and a bath tonight. Just call me the Zen master.

Really appreciate all of you that have taken the time to read this post.  I really want to continue this blog throughout the year and would love to hear about anything you guys would like to see?

Till next time,

Lozzy x

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Autumn reflection

Happy Monday folks! Where has this last week gone? In fact, how has autumn nearly come and gone! Scarfs, candles, pumpkins, warm drinks and leaves, this time of year is so lovely. This season is always one for getting back into the swings of uni/school work and coming to terms with the fact that summer is now a distant memory, the nights draw closer and the weather gets more and more dreary with each coming day…. Yay? But after a few years of study, I feel like I have got into the balance of life/work but every year September brings around the challenge all over again. With what feels like mountains to do, sometimes the things I enjoy seem to slip. So, having just been set 5 projects all due by December, I thought now would be a good time to outline what I find are the best ways to manage those stressy times but still get what needs to be done… well… done! 1)       Lists – an old but true suggestion. Write everything down. The stress of forgetting something is gone and u

Finding the light within the storm

January was a month of lockdown, isolation and teaching from home. A month of sunrises, walks and reading. Dancing, painting, snow falls and quiet. There was beauty where you looked for it. Moments of calm amongst this storm. The snow bought a welcome relief. Some variety to living so cooped up. It felt lovely to feel such coolness in the air and to see the world looking so bright. I built a snowman and felt my worries slipping away. I enjoyed hot chocolates and cosy blankets. February started off much like January but harder. Days working from home felt filled with stress and worry. Long days slumped over a laptop, grinding teeth and headaches, deadlines and lesson plans. However, it has also been filled with love. Valentines day, walks, yummy food and still more memories from this month to make. I wanted to share a few things that are lighting up my life so far in 2021. We all need to find the light in the storm. I downloaded an app called one second everyday and I really recommend y

Meditations and Mantras

Meditation is a practise that is growing in popularity. It looks to increase calmness and enhance overall health and well-being.  Meditation focuses on the positive connection between the mind and body. It does not look to change you into a different person. It looks to help you to explore yourself more deeply. There are many different types and reasons that people practise meditation but they all have 4 aspects in common; They usually take place in a quiet space. They use a posture that keeps the spine straight whether that be sitting, standing or laying down. They use focus on a mantra, object or the feeling of your breath. They focus on a sense of self compassion when watching thoughts come and go. Meditation has been found to have a positive impact on health from health conditions such as IBS and high blood pressure to mental health conditions. 5 reasons to meditate : "1: Understand your pain 2: Lower your stress 3: Connect better 4: Improve focus 5: Reduce brain chatter"